Wednesday 7 August 2013

Wednesday works..

 Managed to finish this side of a bag, which has been planned for sooo long, I have another in the planning, too- more of that when I get there.. eventually.
And then, the Stash bee block for August also happened. The brief was, to make a churn dash block, with blue as the 'dash' , and 'low volume ' for the rest.











 Of course, I made a fundamental error, and sewed the wrong side to the right side... so the seam ripper came out to play. More than once.

And having decided to use a light blue, rather than a deeper blue, I was a bit hard put to get a good contrast. This will have to do.









On the plus side, we ( I ) made the first batch of damson jam last night.
 our own damsons.
I counted them in.    90.

I counted the stones out.  91.   where did the extra one come from??

So the tally so far this year is,
Raspberry, tayberry, gooseberry, damson, courgette and ginger, and redcurrant jelly!

The first flowers are on the 'vine' tomatoes, and the cucumbers are swelling nicely. And... I picked ( and ate) the very first of our own raspberries for this year.


A full cupboard of preserves, and enough to give a few away. Very satisfactory!

So how is your harvest?
 





3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

mouth watering .. blocks as well as jam xxx

Lia*s Handmades said...

all the jam looks sooo yummy! and i'm really a fan of your bags.

Caroline said...

I agree with Lia, I love the design work on your latest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts